At the heart of the Center’s mission is a commitment to help young entrepreneurs make the great leap from idea to reality. Thinking like an entrepreneur means acting like one and the Center has a host of ways for students to discover their own inner “destructive force” (as the great economist Joseph Schumpeter might have said about his famous “creative destruction” idea, which according to him places entrepreneurs at the heart of capitalism).
Here’s how the Center helps;
- Investment Support – Seed money is available through the Chico State Accelerator Fund.
- Support and guidance from Mentors
- Making it fun through Contests and other events.
- Learning now to run a Family Business (MGMT 454)
- Learning the value of Social Entrepreneurship (MGMT 448)
- Learning how to write a feasibility study (MGMT 450)
- Learning how to write a business plan (MGMT 451)
- Learning how to implement a business plan (MGMT 452)
- Learning about marketing for entrepreneurs (MKTG 468)
- Learning the rules and laws that affect entrepreneurs (BLAW 415)
- Learning entrepreneurial accounting (ACCT 428)