Opportunities for Fall or Spring semester research in Chemistry or Biochemistry may be available. Please contact the faculty member you are interested in potentially working with to learn more.
Chemistry Summer Research Institute (CSRI) at CSU Chico
Jump-start your career! Become part of CSRI by carrying out undergraduate research in Chemistry or Biochemistry at Chico State. Each summer faculty volunteer their time to work closely with and mentor students on a variety of interesting projects. Most of the students that are accepted into CSRI receive a fellowship that provides a stipend of $3500 for 10 weeks of research. Student fellowships are generously funded by a variety of granting agencies, industry partners, Chemistry & Biochemistry faculty (current or emeritus), and alumni donors. Please examine the "summer seminars" on our department's seminar page to view some our CSRI research activities from the present back until 2007.
CSRI in the News
- 2014- Article in Local Paper: ChicoER
- 2014- Students Gain Experience at CSRI
- 2012- Summer Research Institute Welcomes High School Students for First Time
- 2012- Presidents Report on Student Success
- 2008- CSRI: The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry's Unique and Successful Undergraduate Research Program
- The application process for CSRI 2015 is now open. Click here more information.
- Please check back during the Spring 2016 semester for information about CSRI 2016