What To Know

  • Child Development minor advising is not required. All information is available in printed form in the CHLD office located in Modoc 216. However, advising is available if you need course substitutions or assistance as you plan your coursework to align with your career goals.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
  • Students minoring in Child Development are encouraged to declare their minor as soon as they begin their minor coursework. This will allow tracking of the minor coursework on the Degree Progress Report (DPR). Declared minors will also receive regular emails about events and activities in the Department of Child Development.                                                                                                                                                                                              
  • Chico State utilizes a multiple advising model. This office provides advising for your child development minor. The office of your declared major provides major advising while the Academic Advising office offers advising for both lower and upper division General Education requirements. Academic Advising provides both scheduled appointments and drop in hours. This office is located in the Student Services Center, Room 220, or at 530-898-5712.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
  • For issues related to the Upper Division Pathway courses, contact the Upper Division Pathway Coordinator for your selected Pathway.

How to Make an Appointment

  • Visit Department Office: Modoc 216
  • Call the Department: 530-898-5250
students with professor