For Community Partners
If you are a community organization wishing to arrange for students to
- participate in community-based learning (e.g., service learning) or simply to volunteer with your organization, fill out form.
- secure an internship with your organization as part of their preparation for a career, e-mail us.
- undertake student teaching with your organization in order to become a certified teacher, e-mail us.
- participate in a preceptorship with your organization as part of their preparation to become a nurse or speech therapist, e-mail us.
- engage in any other course-related activity involving your organization, e.g., field trip, field experience, observation, practicum, etc. e-mail us.
Two Types of Community Service
- Students who do not obtain academic credit for their community service are designated "volunteers." If you are looking for a student to volunteer, sign up.
- Students who do obtain academic credit for their service are designated "community-based learning" (e.g., service learning) students. (Note: Students usually obtain academic credit by enrolling in a semester-long 3 or 4-unit course. However, some voluntary service activities earn participating students one unit of credit.) If you are looking for a community-based learning student, fill out form.