Common Management System (CMS)
The CSU is moving forward with the upgrade to Oracle’s latest versions of the Campus Solutions and Human Resources application. The primary business objective of the HCM 9.0 upgrade project is to upgrade the current HCM 8.9 application to remain within the vendor support window and stay current with vendor developed technology. Additional project objectives include:
- Upgrade to a technology platform that is more robust and stable.
- Upgrade to an application release where performance has been increased and streamlined within a number of the key business processes.
- Upgrade to take advantage of the Accessible Technologies Initiatives (ATI) enhancements that are included in the application.
- Upgrade to the HCM 9.0 platform for the HCM applications as a starting point for future HR applications platforms.
- Implement changes to business practices to facilitate utilization of delivered Oracle/PeopleSoft functionality, reduce modifications, and/or improve integration between application modules when agreed upon by primary participants.
- Minimize campus production downtime due to the Move-to-Production (MTP) upgrade process.
For the Human Resources modules, this upgrade includes improvements to the CSU alignment with PeopleSoft delivered functionality and improved features to existing live modules. For Chico these modules include: Workforce Administration, Absence Management, Time and Labor, Academic Personnel, and Benefits Administration. The CSU HCM 9.0 Project Scope document can be found here.