Vision, Mission and Strategic Plan
The Communication Sciences and Disorders program has established the following vision:
- Become a model training program for students and professionals.
- Become a model clinical facility, providing community service throughout the Northstate.
The mission of the Communication Sciences and Disorders Program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to enter the profession of speech-language pathology and instill a commitment to continued learning throughout their careers. The program is dedicated to academic and clinical excellence and seeks to simulate a learning environment that facilitates intellectual curiosity, including a strong desire to integrate evidence based practice in solving clinical problems. The program also is dedicated to providing high quality clinical services to the community at large.
The Communication Sciences and Disorders program has established four strategic goals that align with our mission:
- To provide high quality educational programs for the B.A. and M.A. degrees in communication sciences and disorders throughout the life span.
- To provide high quality clinical services to the communicatively-impaired population of the region.
- To have a diversity of students, faculty, staff, and clinical populations.
- Promote growth of the program resources int he areas of technology, facilities, students, faculty, and staff.