Hands-On Science Lab Experiences
Classroom Field Trips with a special focus on 4th-6th grade Science Standards
CMSE has been piloting Hands On Science Labs for grades K-3. These experiences are currently NOT available for online registration. If you are interested in the K-3 Hands On Science Lab, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, school, grade, phone number, and we will add you to a waitlist.
The Hands On Science Lab Experiences provide fun and engaging, active-learning experiments in chemistry, biology, and physical science. They are offered by university students studying science and education and are held in an actual laboratory on the CSU, Chico campus. See a video of the HOL lab in action.
- Field trips are offered Wednesday through Friday from 9:00am-10:45am, and 11:00am-12:45pm.
- Maximum class size is 36 students.
- Field trips are $50.00 each.
- You can sign-up online to be on field trip wait lists.
- Due to the high level of demand for these field trips, payment (check, cash, or P.O.) is due at least 2 weeks prior to your visit or your field trip will be cancelled:
- Make payable to: CSU, Research Foundation
- Mail to: CMSE, 400 West 1st Street, Chico, CA 95929-0530
- Cancellations require a 2 week notice or you will forfeit your payment. Late cancellations do not allow us time to re-fill the field trip slot, which negatively affects the university students’ teaching experience.
- If you haven't already done so, REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT NOW! For security reasons, you log-in to the 4-6 Science Hands On Lab Field Trip website using your Facebook, Google, or Twitter account. If you don’t have an account with one of those providers, you will need to sign-up for one.
- Log-in and select Manage Account to ensure we have an accurate email on file for you. Automated email confirmations and reminders will be sent to the email account you have designated.
- View the Calendar, compare it to your school and bus schedules, and plan your visit.
- Sign-up for a Field Trip. Teachers will only be able to register for one field trip per Academic Year. Partner teachers must register individually. You will not be permitted to sign up for another person.
FIELD-TRIP SIGN-UPS WILL BECOME AVAILABLE AT 8AM, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12TH *
Sign-ups are on a first-come, first serve basis.
*Early Sign-Up period is available to participants of certain CSP Professional Development Programs.
The Hands-On Science Lab is supported in part by Instructionally Related Activities (IRA).