Hands-On Science Lab Experiences
Hello, Science Enthusiasts!
Thanks you for your continued support and interest in the Hands On Science Lab fieldtrips!
For the Fall 2016 semester, we will be offering a reduced calendar of field trips as we work on realigning our fieldtrips with the Next Generation Science Standards, and redesigning how to best provide field trips around university courses for preservice teachers.
Due to our reduced fall schedule, we will not be sending out an email announcing the Hands on Lab registration.
The lab registration calendar will open on Monday August 15th at 8:00am (see registration details below). We again ask that teachers sign up for only one fieldtrip lab per class. There will only be two days of field trips in Fall 2016. We hope to open a full Spring 2017 calendar by late October 2016. Check back for updates.
Please check the science activities and make sure they match with your grade science standards. If you do not get the lab of your choice, please sign up on the waiting list for the labs you would like to attend. We often get late cancellations and will attempt to fill field trips from the wait list.
Tanya Heaston - CSUC, HOL Coordinator
Brandi Aranguren - CMSE, Managing Director
Classroom Field Trips with a special focus on 4th-6th grade Science Standards
The Hands On Science Lab Experiences provide fun and engaging, active-learning experiments in chemistry, biology, and physical science. They have traditionally been offered by university students studying science and education and are held in an actual laboratory on the CSU, Chico campus. See a video of the HOL lab in action.
- Field trips are being updated during the 2016-17 academic year; opportunities will vary
- Maximum class size is 36 students.
- Field trips are $50.00 each.
- You can sign-up online to be on field trip wait lists.
- Due to the high level of demand for these field trips, payment (check, cash, or P.O.) is due at least 2 weeks prior to your visit or your field trip will be cancelled:
- Make payable to: CSU, Research Foundation
- Mail to: CMSE, 400 West 1st Street, Chico, CA 95929-0530
- Cancellations require a 2 week notice or you will forfeit your payment. Late cancellations do not allow us time to re-fill the field trip slot, which negatively affects the university students’ teaching experience.
- If you haven't already done so, REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT NOW! For security reasons, you log-in to the 4-6 Science Hands On Lab Field Trip website using your Facebook, Google, or Twitter account. If you don’t have an account with one of those providers, you will need to sign-up for one.
- Log-in and select Manage Account to ensure we have an accurate email on file for you. Automated email confirmations and reminders will be sent to the email account you have designated.
- View the Calendar, compare it to your school and bus schedules, and plan your visit.
- Sign-up for a Field Trip. Teachers will only be able to register for one field trip per Academic Year. Partner teachers must register individually. You will not be permitted to sign up for another person.
FIELD-TRIP SIGN-UPS WILL BECOME AVAILABLE AT 8AM, MONDAY, AUGUST 15TH *
Sign-ups are on a first-come, first serve basis.
The Hands-On Science Lab is supported in part by Instructionally Related Activities (IRA).