Hands-On Science Lab Experiences
(CMSE has been piloting Hands On Science Labs for grades K-3. These experiences are currently NOT available for sign up. Please check back next year for updates.)
Classroom Field Trips with a special focus on 4th-6th grade Science Standards:
The lab experiences are fun and engaging, active-learning experiments in chemistry, biology, and physical science. They are offered by university students studying science and education and are held in an actual laboratory on the CSU, Chico campus. This popular and dynamic experience has been an effective learning tool for K-12 students and our preservice university students. See a video of the HOL lab in action.
To Sign-Up for a Field Trip with the Hands On Lab:
Step 1: For security reasons, we now require you to sign-in to the new website using your Facebook, Google, or Twitter account. If you don’t have an account with one of those providers, you will need to sign-up for one.
Step 2: Establish a New User Account with us. Register as a User and preview the 2014-15 Field Trip offerings. Once logged-in, you will be able to access our Calendar, compare it to your school and bus schedules, and plan your visit.
Step 3: Sign-up for a Field Trip:
- Teachers will only be able to register for one Field Trip per Academic Year.
- Partner teachers MUST register individually – You will NOT be allowed to sign up for another person.
More about the Field Trip Experience:
- Our standard labs last 90 minutes and are offered Wednesday through Friday at 9:15am-10:45am, and 11:15am-12:45pm.
- Maximum class size is 36 students unless otherwise approved.
- Due to increased demand for our program, classes will be restricted to one visit per academic year. NOTE: Partner teachers MUST register individually – You will NOT be allowed to sign up for another person.
- There will be an on-line waiting list available with our new Reservation System.
- Field Trips are still only $50.
- Payments (check, cash, or P.O.) are due 2 weeks prior to your vist or your class will be dropped.
- Cancellations require a 2 week notice or you will forfeit your payment.
Registering an Account
Sign-Up for Field Trips
The Hands-On Science Lab is supported in part by Instructionally Related Activities (IRA).