Hands-On Science Lab Experiences
(CMSE has been piloting Hands On Science Labs for grades K-3. These experiences are currently NOT available for sign up. Please check back next year for updates.)
The experiences currently available for sign up are the classroom Field Trips with a special focus on 4th - 6th grade science standards.
For the upcoming 2014-2015 school year, we are migrating to a more user-friendly Field Trip Reservation System.
In order to be prepared to register for field trips on the opening day, you will need to have a New User Account established. Given the system is new – EVERYONE is NEW. Please check back with us on August 11th to establish your New User Account and to peruse our upcoming field trip offerings – you will only be able to PREVIEW the labs until sign up is enabled on August 20, 2014.
Preview and establishing an account will open early on August 11th at 8am.
Registration for the labs will open at 7:00 am on Wednesday, August 20th.
The lab experiences are fun and engaging, active-learning experiments in chemistry, biology, and physical science. They are offered by university students studying science and education and are held in an actual laboratory on the CSU, Chico campus. This popular and dynamic experience has been an effective learning tool for K-12 students and our preservice university students. See a video of the HOL lab in action.
- Our standard labs last 90 minutes and are offered Wednesday through Friday at 9:15am-10:45am, and 11:15am-12:45pm.
- Maximum class size is 36 students unless otherwise approved.
- Due to increased demand for our program, classes will be restricted to one visit per academic year. NOTE: Partner teachers MUST register individually – You will NOT be allowed to sign up for another person.
- There will be an on-line waiting list available with our new Reservation System.
- Field Trips are still only $50.
- Payments (check, cash, or P.O.) are due 2 weeks prior to your vist or your class will be dropped.
- Cancellations require a 2 week notice or you will forfeit your payment.
Preview and establishing an account
Available on August 11, 2014 – 8am
Registration will open on August 20, 2014
The Hands-On Science Lab is supported in part by Instructionally Related Activities (IRA).