MS in Mathematics Education Program
The Master of Science in Mathematics Education is a 30-unit summer start program that provides an opportunity for secondary school teachers of mathematics to advance their professional development by:
- deepening and broadening their understanding of mathematics and mathematics education.
- developing their understanding of mathematics education research and its relationship to practice.
- developing their skills as teacher leaders in mathematics education
- Two-year cohort model.
- Summer sessions on campus and fall/spring hybrid Saturday sessions.
- Apply up to 6 units from the Chico Math Project toward the 30 unit degree.
- Financial aid, including the TEACH grant available for eligible students.
- University housing available during summer sessions.
- Graduates are qualified to teach at the community college level.
For more information please visit the Master of Science in Math Education website or contact:
Graduate, Outreach & Developmental Math Coordinator
Department of Mathematics and Statistics