Professor Emerita (FERP)
PhD (1991) - Communication, Arizona State University
MA (1988) - Communication, Arizona State University
BA (1985) - Communication, Arizona State University
"I enjoy teaching and interaction with students. What I like best about teaching is the moment when the light bulb goes on for students and they are able to understand a concept or idea with which they have been struggling—it is amazing to watch such an event!”
Over 20 years of experience in business to complement academic background in organization communication. Consultant to business, non-profit, local and state government, for focus groups and research projects. Previously taught at Arizona State University and California State University, Fullerton.
- International Communication Association (ICA)
- National Communication Association (NCA)
- Western Communication Association (WSCA)
Courses Frequently Taught
- CMST 332 - Communication Research
- CMST 335 - Intercultural Communication Theories and Practice
- CMST 472 - Organizational Leadership and Decision Making
- CMST 602 - Seminar in Communication Research Methods
- CMST 611 - Seminar in Intercultural Communication
Organizational commitment, physician-patient communication, democracy and communication, volunteer communication, leadership, and intercultural communication.