"In light of the obesity and diabetes epidemics, efforts to promote healthy lifestyles are critically needed. Building a strong future starts today."
– Cindy Wolff, CNAP Director
About Fit Thru 5
Childhood obesity is an epidemic in our society and turning it around requires action from all angles. This collaborative brings together child care providers, educators, health care providers, home visitors, social workers, community based programs, parents, community members, and anyone else concerned about our children’s future.
- Establish an avenue for communication on the issue of childhood obesity
- Develop a collaborative action plan to collectively address childhood obesity
- Collaborate on nutrition- and physical activity-related campaigns and outreach events
- Create organizational change to enhance healthy eating and activity practices and environments for young children and their families
- Share nutrition and physical activity resources, best practices, legislative updates, funding alerts, and upcoming events and trainings