Do you want a Winning Career?
The Seufferlein Sales Program is here to help. More than 50% of today's college students start in sales. Take advantage of our accredited curriculum, student organizations, corporate partnership group, role play exercises, and hands-on competition training to prepare yourself for a winning career.
With its new state-of-the-art facility in Glenn Hall (room 206) and a group of dedicated faculty and staff, the Seufferlein Sales program wants to make you successful. So join our award-winning program that is becoming one of the country's best today. You'll be glad you did.
Students can earn a 21-credit Certificate or choose from an “a la carte” selection of sales courses. Beyond the classroom, students develop their skills in the Sales Lab and compete in both local and national sales competitions.
Our Professional Sales Competitions will push your personal and professional development to new levels.
Our Sales Lab includes cameras and role play rooms that are used to record, stream, and archive class assignments/presentations, role plays, mock interviews, sales competition activities and elevator pitches.
Corporate Partners provide employment for Program graduates and funding for Program operations.
Professional Sales Certificate
The 21-credit Professional Sales Certificate is a great way to differentiate oneself in today’s competitive job market. Though open to all students, the certificate is specifically designed for marketing majors and minors. The certificate is comprised of 1 foundation course, 5 required core courses, and 1 elective.
A student will earn the Professional Sales Certificate if the student completes the following:
1. Submits all application material.
2. Completes all required certificate coursework.
3. Graduates with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
4. Earns a “C” or higher in all certificate courses.
APPLICATION PROCESS & INSTRUCTIONS
Earning your Professional Sales Certificate is easy! Just follow the steps below.
Application and Plan Change Forms
First, students must complete and submit an Application Form. This should be done as soon as possible. Next, students must fill out a Plan Change Form to declare their intent to earn the Certificate.
- Application Form – complete the form, print and submit a hard copy to Glenn 206 as soon as possible.
- Plan Change Form - this must be submitted PRIOR to filing for graduation. Please follow the steps below:
- Click on the Plan Change Form (Staff) link under the Staff/Faculty Advisors header.
- Enter your portal username and password.
- Click on the “Add (select to add an additional Major, Minor or Certificate)” button, enter your Chico State ID#, and click the “Look Up” button
- Once your name appears, proceed to the drop down box and select “Professional Sales Certificate”
- Click the “Save/Print” button and submit the printed form to Bill McGowan in Glenn 206.
Faculty Recommendations and 3-Page Essay
The following requirements are due at least one month prior to graduation.
- Two Faculty Recommendations - Please use the following Faculty Recommendation Form. Faculty members will directly submit the completed form to the Program’s Administrative Director, Bill McGowan.
- Three-Page Essay - Explain what earning the Professional Sales Certificate means to you, how you have benefitted from the Sales Program and what type of career you plan to pursue.
The Application and Plan Change forms should be submitted as soon as a student decides to pursue the certificate. The two Faculty Recommendation Forms and Three-Page Essay must be submitted at least one month before graduation.