Gifts to the Department of Comparative Religion and Humanities
Your tax deductible contribution to the department will allow us to further our major goals:
- increased support for student scholarships;
- more visible and substantial support for classroom instruction in the form of upgrades in technology, audio-visual resources, and library materials, and field experiences;
- support for the hiring of new faculty;
- faculty support for research and travel and support for distinguished visiting lectureships.
Ways to Give
Gifts to the Annual Fund
The Department of Comparative Religion and Humanities has an annual fund account. A gift to an annual fund account is for the unrestricted use of that area; it may be used whenever and wherever needed to maintain a strong and balanced educational program. Such gifts may serve at one time, for example, to augment part-time faculty or to provide scholarships, and at another time to purchase new equipment, or to meet many of the other needs continually confronting the college and its programs.
Planned Gifts & Pledges
There are a variety of strategies available that allow the donor to minimize taxes or increase income. At the same time, planned gifts and pledges provide significant help to College of Humanities & Fine Arts students, faculty, and academic programs. Donors can select from the following benefits:
- Multi-year pledges
- Income-tax savings through the charitable deduction for the value of the gift
- Avoidance of the capital-gain tax on long-term capital-gain property
- Retained income rights for the life of the donor and/or other beneficiaries
- The possibility of increased spendable income with certain arrangements
- Elimination of federal estate tax on the value of the interest in property — passing to charity upon the donor's death
- Reduced estate settlement costs
To receive more information on ways to support the Department of Religious Studies, contact Daria Booth.