Chico Student Success Center
The Chico Student Success Center (CSSC) is a connective, outreach and student development program with a mission to serve low income and first generation college students.
The CSSC has educational partnerships with high schools and after school programs throughout California. Chico State receives over a thousand admission applications from students enrolled in CSSC partnership schools and programs. One such partnership is highlighted in the Fall 2012 Chico Statements publication. http://www.csuchico.edu/chicostatements/2012-fall/coachella-feature.shtml
The CSSC has computers, overhead projectors, projection screens and monitors. A collaboration room is available to our students and it includes conference tables and chairs, large flat screen monitors and computers. CSSC students use the facilities for individual and group projects, an opportunity to be around mentors and academic support, and sometimes simply to be in a caring environment that is focused on student achievement.
The CSSC requires all CSSC students to make a commitment to their academic goals, career integration needs, and to community service.
- Academic Progress Report requests are sent out every mid-semester for CSSC students. They are carefully reviewed and, if necessary, discussed with the student.
- Students are provided the opportunity to participate in mock interviews with corporate and government partners, attend etiquette dinners and professional networking workshops. They also provide support for career fair activities. All these are coordinated by the Career Center at CSU, Chico.
- Every semester the CSSC students are offered the opportunity to participate in fundraising activities for local, regional and national charities.
- First time freshmen are carefully monitored in 3 main areas: Financial Aid, Housing, and Class Scheduling.
- CSSC students can take the Integrative Academic Leadership course for 3 semester units. The course supports the students’ self-discovery of the purpose of higher education.
The CSSC would like to thank its sponsors:
- LAM Research
- Bay Area Development Company
- R.C. Consulting Inc.