Guidelines for Adding Writing Intensive (WI) or Capstone (C) Status to an Existing GE Course
- Consult with the Pathway Coordinator for the Pathway the course is currently listed in.
- Complete Application for Writing Intensive or Capstone Status for Existing GE Course and forward to Curriculum Services, SSC 460, zip 128.
- Curriculum Services will notify the initiator(s) if the desired status has been approved by CAB.
- After the course receives Writing Intensive or Capstone status approval from CAB, the following policies to change the status of the course must be followed.
- Memo of Intent. The memorandum should be circulated after the college approval process via the Intent Distribution List on campus e-mail, with a two week response request deadline. Distribution of the memo must occur while regular classes are in session (see Catalog Deadlines for due dates). It is the responsibility of the college dean to respond to any reservations or suggestions received or to refer the matter to Academic Affairs for resolution. A copy of all responses, reservations, or suggestions, with an indication of how the reservation was accommodated or resolved, should be attached to the Memo of Intent before submitting the paperwork to Curriculum Services in the Office of Undergraduate Education.