Diversity Certificate Program
The Diversity Certificate Program is designed to help participants develop the necessary tools and resources to better serve the diverse members of our campus. The program is open to all Chico State Faculty, regardless of job classification. In an effort to enrich the personal experiences and interpersonal interactions of each participant, only 40 applications will be selected for each session. The participants will meet from 1 to 5 p.m., once a month, for six months. In addition, there will be an orientation that will take place prior to the official start of the program. There is also a $100 tuition fee that we ask your department to fund.
The Diversity Certificate Program objectives are:
- Develop best practices for synthesizing diversity in curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities.
- Develop a shared understanding of diversity and increase competencies in our educational offerings and diversity efforts.
- Cultivate interests in applied research and funding opportunities in the field of diversity studies.
- Establish an ongoing community discussion in which issues related to diversity can be addressed among colleagues across and divisions.
- Empower participants to incorporate best practices into their offices.
Participants in this program may expect to:
- Explore significance of their background, culture, and unique experience.
- Examine their attitudes, beliefs, and decision-making process as they relate to diversity.
- Discuss and address issues and concerns about diversity on our campus.
- Explore ideas and foster opportunities to better serve our students in and out of the classroom.
- A diverse group of faculty, staff, and administrators from Chico State, representing many years of successful experience in diversity and/or human relations.
Incentives for participating in the program:
- Lapel Pin
- Certificate of completion
- Letter to the participant's supervisor or department head
- Recognition on Office of Diversity and Inclusion Website and Building Bridges Diversity Newsletter
- Recognition at the Diversity Certificate Program Graduation Reception
Application and Selection Process:
There are 40 spaces in Diversity Certificate Program. Applicants will be selected based upon:
- The likelihood s/he would benefit professionally and personally.
- The contributions s/he will make to the Diversity Program based upon her/his academic, professional, and personal experiences.
- The approval of the applicant’s supervisor.
- When choices must be made among equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to those who help us achieve greater campus representation.
Please click on the following to complete the application, which is due April 19th. Participants will be notified of their acceptance during the week of May 13th.