General Campus Info
1) Name of School: California State University, Chico
2) Address: 400 West 1st Street, Chico, California, 95929-0750
3) Is your campus public or private? Public
4) Is your campus located in a rural, suburban, or urban area?
5) Number of students on campus: Numbers listed are an average
from the 1999 school year
6) Number of employees on campus:
Non-student staff (non-faculty): 700
Student employees: Associated Students-800 to 900/year
University/State side- approx. 600-1200 depending on specific
7) Total campus population: Approximately 16,526
8) Total acreage: 119 acres, Campus
1,050 acres, University Farm and Range
9) Building space (total square feet): Approximately 1,590,000
total square feet
10) Are there any environmental organizations or committees
Yes. They include the Associated Students Environmental Affairs
Council, Campus Conservation Committee, Environmental
Resource Program, Associated Students Chico Recycling Program, and the
Students for Environmental Studies.
11) Does your school have an environmental ombudsmen or vice-chancellor?
No, our school does not have an environmental ombudsmen or vice-chancellor.
12) What are the names and affiliations of the members of the
Board of Trustees or Regents?
Gray Davis- Governor of California
Cruz Bustamante- Lt. Governor of California
Antonio Villaraigosa- Speaker of the Assembly
Delaine Eastin- State Superintendent of Public Instruction
Dr. Charles B. Reed- Chancellor of California State University
William Hauck- Chairman of California State University
Dr. Joan Otomo-Corgel- Vice Chairman
William D. Campbell- Pacific Family Investment Company
Martha C. Fallgatter
Bob Foster- Edison International
Dr. Harold Goldwhite
Laurence K. Gould, Jr.- Sheppard, Mullin, Richter, and Hampton
Eric C. Mitchell
Dee Dee Myers
Ralph R. Pesqueira- El Indio Shops, Inc.
Frederick W. Pierce, IV- The Pierce Company, LLC.
Ali C. Razi- The Stratham Group
Michael D. Stennis
Anthony M. Vitti- Attorney at Law
Stanley T. Wang- Pantronix Corporation