The Student Health Center, the Nursing Program, the Athletics Department, the Anthropology department and the Custodial department all generate medical waste.
44) How much medical waste does your campus generate annually?
45) How has this figure changed in the past five years?
46) How is medical waste disposed of and where does it go?
47) How much is landfilled? Incinerated?
48) What are the annual medical-waste disposal costs?
49) How have these costs changed over the past five years?
50) Approximately, what percentage of the medical waste is recyclable?
51) Have any efforts been implemented to separate recyclable materials
from non-recyclable medical waste?
52) Has your campus initiated a medical-waste reduction program?
53) If so, please describe, including implementation date and cost-savings
Procurement Policies Transportation Campus Growth and Design Research Activities Investment Policies Business Ties
Environmental Education and Literacy Job Placement and Environmental Careers Home