On campus, 85% of pest control is done by use of natural methods and substances. In 1998, 960 ounces if Round-Up were used. There is an effort on campus to cut out the use of Round-Up completely. 56 ounces of Merit were used in 1998. This pesticides targets aphids, white flies, and beetles. 160 ounces of Defense were used in 1998. This is a fungicide that is made of organic tree oil. Also in 1998 there were 10 pounds of POTA used, 1 pound of Heritage, and 986 ounces of Subdue (turf treatment) applied. In 1999 only 300 ounces of Subdue were used.
65) How has this quantity changed over the past five years?
66) What kind of pests are they controlling and where?
67) What are the total costs for contracts and purchases related
to pest control?
68) How have these costs changed over the past five years?
69) Has your campus initiated an Integrated Pest Management program?
70) If so, please describe, including implementation date and cost-savings
Procurement Policies Transportation Campus Growth and Design Research Activities Investment Policies Business Ties
Environmental Education and Literacy Job Placement and Environmental Careers Home