MyLifeMatters by Empathia
You don't have to wait. Call 1-800-367-7474 or go to mylifematters.com now for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most questions are covered in detail in the Evidence of Coverage and Disclosure Form.
Q: How do I make an appointment with a local counselor through Empathia?
A: Follow these steps.
- Prepare. Before calling Empathia, make sure you're in a place you can speak confidentially and at length.
- Phone. Call the Empathia Help Line at 1-800-367-7474. This phone line is available 24 hours a day! And, remember, your dependents (up to age 26) and household members can also call.
- Intake. An Empathia representative will intake some information about you over the phone and discuss the situation in order to figure out how to best help you. Empathia will find someone who can provide appropriate counseling and authorize 3 counseling sessions (if appropriate).
- Contact. Empathia will give you, the client, the counselor's contact information. You can then directly contact the counselor and setup an appointment at a time convenient for you. When scheduling the appointment, be sure to tell the counselor that you are referred to them through the Empathia/LifeMatters EAP.
- Referral. Empathia will set up a referral and communicate to the counselor that you are coming to see them through Empathia/LifeMatters EAP.
- Feedback. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your experience with the counselor or process, please call the Empathia Help Line at 1-800-367-7474 and share your concerns.
Q: Do I pay a fee?
A: The program includes three (3) sessions with a contracted psychologist at no cost to the employee.
Q: What if I feel I need more sessions?
A: After three (3) visits if it is determined more counseling or assistance would be beneficial the psychologist may give a referral to another counseling service or other resources.
Q: Do I pay for these additional services/resources?
A: Yes, the decision to seek outside services and any subsequent fees are the client's decision and responsibility. Check with the new provider if they accept your medical insurance.
Q: Are counseling services available for family members?
A: Yes, the EAP provides three (3) sessions for employee's immediate family members. Please view the information regarding eligibility. If it is determined more counseling or assistance would be beneficial the psychologist will give a referral to another counseling service or other resources.