- What is LifeMatters?
- Concierge Service
- Newsletters and Webinars
- Manager Assistance
LifeMattersLifeMatters by Empathia (EAP for CSU, Chico employees)
- Call 1-800-367-7474 (available 24/7) for:
- Scheduling a confidential counseling appointment (off-campus)
- For self
- For an individual living in your home
- For a child under age 26 not living in your home
- Couples counseling
- Cessation programs
- Limited emergency counseling
- Access to mylifematters.com (enter password: csuchico)
- "Concierge" service
- Self-help online
- 24/7 telephone assessment/counseling (800-367-7474)
- Work/life resources and referrals
- Financial consultation with a certified financial counselor
- Legal consultation with an attorney
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Access to Spanish-speaking counselors
- View the LifeMatters brochure, wallet card or website guide.
- And more…
CSU, Chico is contracting with a new vendor—Empathia—for employee assistance services. This State employee assistance program (EAP) is designed to provide professional assistance to faculty, staff and their families (dependents and permanent household members) in assessing and resolving personal problems that may be affecting well-being or job performance. Additional program features will include a 24/7/365 toll-free helpline, telephonic legal and financial assistance, dependent care resources, and a dedicated website entitled mylifematters.com.
These services, consisting of assessment, referral and short-term counseling, will be provided by Empathia Pacific, Inc., a private consulting firm. There is no cost to you or your immediate family. Empathia counselors are experienced, licensed professionals who have specialized training in employee assistance consultation. Your participation in the program is voluntary, and information that you discuss with the consultant is confidential (certain very limited exceptions, such as child abuse or potential for violence, mandated under state and federal laws, are discussed with you in advance). Your participation in the program remains strictly a matter between you and the EAP counselor, and it is not reported to us, your employer.
Phone (available 24 hours):
CSU, Chico State Employee Password:
We invite you to read and share this information with your family. CSU, Chico believes that the EAP can be a valuable resource in helping faculty and staff maintain satisfying and productive lives, and we are pleased to include this service as an employee benefit.