English Graduate Student Council
Welcome to the homepage of the English Graduate Student Council.
Meet the EGSC officers for 2012-2013!
Danielle Astengo, President
Dani Weast, Vice President of Social Affairs and Secretary
Lisa Berman, Treasurer
The EGSC Mission
The purpose of EGSC is to serve as a forum for the discussion of matters pertaining to the welfare of graduate students enrolled in the Department of English at California State University, Chico.
Our goals for the 2012-2013 academic year are:
- To facilitate the academic progress, growth, and excellence of graduate students,
- To improve our resourcefulness in serving between the graduate student body and the Department of English, HFA, and the University,
- To contribute to the recognition and integration of graduate students on campus,
- To foster unity among graduate students within the English Department as well as at California State University, Chico,
- And lastly, to build connections with the organizations and councils of other campuses.
Chevallier and Collins on Tour!
This week, Chase Chevallier and Nathan Collins head to Albuquerque, New Mexico to take part in a conference held by the Southwest Texas Popular Culture and American Culture Association.
EGSC Film Series "Part One" Lineup
This just in: All films will be shown in Siskiyou Hall, room 120. The first film in the series, Tender Mercies, will be shown this Wednesday, February 6th at 7 p.m..
EGSC Workshop Series
As part of the English Graduate Student Council's commitment to the professional development of its members, we are hosting a series of informative and hands-on workshops throughout the Spring 2013 semester.