Useful EHS Links
- Facilities Management Services
- Student Health Services
- University Police Department
- Ergonomic Safety Tips. There's more to ergonomics than getting a good office chair. Take a proactive approach to ergonomics in the workplace. Identify the risks in your daily routine, and take steps to alleviate the stresses on the body. For more information on "Ergonomic Safety Tips" — PDF ( 33K )
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required when there is no other means of protecting employees from hazards. It is critical that PPE be used when needed and that it is used appropriately.
- How to Prevent On and Off Campus Fire - students who live on campus should always check with the residence life or safety department for policies related to fire prevention. Here are additional tips on how to prevent on- and off-campus fires.
- Fire Escape Planning for Non-Campus Housing - every second counts when a fire occurs, and escape plans help save lives if planned effectively. For more information on fire escape planning for non-campus housing.
- Prevent Slips, Trips, and Falls - are the third leading cause of workplace injury. For more information on "Preventing Slips, Trips, and Falls" at work and at home.
- Safe Lifting Techniques - repeated, improper lifting, and carrying without proper precautions can lead to back strain. For more information on "Safe Lifting Techniques".