"EOP was there for me even before I started my education at Chico State and became more like a family to me than a support service."
– Veronica Coates, School Psychologist
The EOP Student Association Scholarship is awarded to an EOP junior (60+ units completed) or non-graduating senior at California State University, Chico. The $500 award is designed to assist students with the purchase of books and other academic materials. This award is presented at the Educational Opportunity Program graduation celebration each spring. All students who meet the criteria listed below are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility Criteria For Applicants:
- Must be an Educational Opportunity Program student
- Must have a minimum of 12 units completed each semester while enrolled as a student at CSU, Chico
- Must have a CSU, Chico GPA at or above 2.75
- Must be a junior (60+ units completed) or non-graduating senior
- Must be present at EOP Graduation Celebration to receive scholarship
Application Process: Applicants must submit a completed award application to the Educational Opportunity Program office by the deadline. A letter of recommendation, personal statement, and unofficial transcript must also be attached to the completed application.
Personal Statement: Please attach to the application a one-to-two page, typed, personal statement in which you address the following:
- How often do you utilize the Educational Opportunity Program services?
- What barriers have you encountered in achieving your educational goals? Who or what was your motivation to keep pursuing them?
- What do you plan to do after you graduate?
- Any other information relevant to this application.
Letter of Recommendation: One letter of recommendation is required from a university faculty or staff member who can discuss your academic and personal achievements and potential for success. EOP advisors, staff, or parapros are not eligible to write letters of recommendation. One additional letter of support may also be submitted by an officer or member of a club or organization you are affiliated with.
For more information, please contact Cecilia Santillan-Robles, Advisor, Educational Opportunity Program Student Association, Student Services Center Room 310, California State University, Chico, 400 W. First Street, Chico, CA 95929-0710, 530-898-6831.
EOPSA Scholarship Instructions
EOPSA Scholarship Application
Application period for 2014 is now closed.