"EOP was there for me even before I started my education at Chico State and became more like a family to me than a support service."
– Veronica Coates, School Psychologist
The EOP Achievement Award is for Educational Opportunity Program students at California State University, Chico. A $300 award will be given to a graduating senior who has demonstrated academic and personal achievement during his or her college career. The award is designed to assist seniors with graduation expenses and will be presented at the EOP graduation celebration in the spring. All graduating seniors who meet the criteria listed below are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility criteria for applicants:
- Must be an Educational Opportunity Program student.
- Must have averaged a minimum of 12 units per semester while enrolled as a student at CSU, Chico.
- Must have a Chico GPA above a 2.5.
- Must be an active member of a CSU, Chico student or community organization.
Application Process: Applicants must submit a completed award application to the Educational Opportunity Program office. A letter of recommendation and personal statement must also be attached to the completed application.
Personal Statement: Please attach to the application a one- to two-page, typed, personal statement in which you address the following:
- Academic potential and accomplishments
- Involvement outside of the classroom that helps others
- Future plans after graduation
- Any other information relevant to this application
Letter of Recommendation: One letter of recommendation is required from a university official who can discuss your academic and personal achievements and potential for success. EOP staff members are not eligible to write letters of recommendation. One additional letter of support may also be submitted by an officer or member of your club or organization.
For more information, please contact Christopher Malone, Associate Director, Educational Opportunity Program, Student Services Center 310, California State University, Chico, 400 W. First Street, Chico, CA 95929-0710, 530-898-6831.
The application period is now closed. The application is generally available in March of each year.