"EOP was there for me even before I started my education at Chico State and became more like a family to me than a support service."
– Veronica Coates, School Psychologist
Christopher T. Malone Achievement Award
The EOP Achievement Award is for Educational Opportunity Program students at California State University, Chico. This year a $300 award will be given to a graduating senior who has demonstrated academic and personal achievement during their college career. The award is designed to assist seniors with graduation expenses and will be presented at the EOP graduation celebration on May 13, 2016. All graduating seniors who meet the criteria listed below are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility criteria for applicants:
- Must be an Educational Opportunity Program student.
- Must have averaged a minimum of 12 units per semester while enrolled as a student at CSU, Chico.
- Must have a Chico GPA above a 2.75.
- Must be an active member of a CSU, Chico student or community organization.
Application Process: In order to be considered for the award you must submit the following to the Educational Opportunity Program office by Friday, April 22, 2016.
- Personal statement
- Letter of recommendation
Personal Statement: Please attach to the application a one- to two-page, typed, personal statement in which you address the following.
- Involvement outside of the classroom that helps others
- Contributions to diversity
- How you plan to utilize your education after you graduate
Resumé: Please address the following in your resumé.
- Leadership positions
Letter of Recommendation: One letter of recommendation is required from a university official who can discuss your academic and personal achievements and potential for success. EOP staff are not eligible to write letters of recommendation.
For more information, please contact Cecilia Santillán-Robles, Interim Associate Director, Educational Opportunity Program, Student Services Center 310, California State University, Chico, 400 W. First Street, Chico, CA 95929-0710, 530-898-6831.
Deadline for turning in all required materials is April 22, 2016.