"EOP was there for me even before I started my education at Chico State and became more like a family to me than a support service."
– Veronica Coates, School Psychologist
EOP Application Process for Freshmen, Fall 2015
In order to successfully complete your EOP file, it is critical that you submit all necessary documents before the deadlines. Your failure to meet any EOP deadline could result in your immediate removal from the EOP Admissions process.
Step 1 - You must apply for admission to CSU, Chico before applying to EOP.
- Application priority filing period for CSU, Chico Admissions: October 1 - November 30
- Complete the EOP portion in the admissions application, section 11, and submit your online CSU Chico admissions application at www.csumentor.edu.
- Once you submit your admissions application, you will automatically receive access to the online EOP application.
Step 2 - Submit separate EOP application.
- Deadline for EOP application: November 30, 2014.
- Complete and submit your online EOP application, Applicant Information Form (Form 1), at the CSUMentor website prior to the application deadline.
- Hint: Having your parent's income information along with the correct e-mail addresses of your recommenders will help you in completing the application.
Step 3 - Submit additional EOP application documents.
- Deadline for additional EOP documents (Recommendation forms and high school transcript): January 31, 2015.
- Submit both Recommendation Forms (Forms 2a and 2b) prior to the deadline.
- Electronic/online submission of all documents is preferred. However, if while completing the CSUMentor EOP application you selected "Yes - Submit by paper" for the Recommendation Forms, please use this link to the EOP Recommendation forms PDF.
- Hint: To check the status of your recommendation forms, go to your EOP Application Manager at the CSUMentor web site and click the "View Letters of Recommendation" box.
- Freshman applicants - submit unofficial high school transcripts to the EOP office (not the CSU, Chico Admissions office) prior to the deadline.
- EOP mailing address: Educational Opportunity Program, California State University, Chico, 400 West First Street, Chico, CA 95929-0710.
Step 4 - Follow up on your application.
- It is your responsibility to follow up on the process to make sure that EOP Admissions has received all documents.
- Please do not hesitate to contact EOP Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-511-2564, if you have any questions or concerns. We are here to help.