Faye L. Anglen, MA

Instructional Media Center
Photography/Graphics Department
1958-1992

Faye Anglen was the first Graphic Artist on campus when she started in this position in 1958.  Under her leadership, Chico State’s professionally designed graphics studios grew from the old military barracks to Trinity Hall, and currently at the Meriam Library.  Mrs. Anglen was also the first campus photographer.  One of her most rewarding contributions was her involvement with students.  She developed a major internship program for IMC involving 7-8 students each semester.

Mrs. Anglen contributed to the graphic elements produced over the years by IMC whenever required for the many grants and contracts through The University Foundation.  Her department was always one of the most congenial service areas on campus.  She was a major contributor to the professional shifts on the campus from drafting table and photo labs to computer graphics technologies.

Mrs. Anglen retired from the University in 1992—but didn’t slow down.  She has been a stellar volunteer for Oroville Parks and the Butte County Historical Society and shares her graphic design talents and personality way beyond the University.