As part of the California State University system, CSU, Chico reports semester enrollments, as measured by the number of units in which all students are enrolled. The University’s census date is the Friday of the fourth week of the semester.
2015-2016 Census Dates
- Friday, September 18 (Fall 2015)
- Friday, February 19 (Spring 2016)
Why is University Census important to you?
Financial aid is determined by EFC, need, and by enrollment. Financial aid is offered based on full-time status. By law, financial aid disbursements must be adjusted for enrollment, or number of units.
In the week following University Census, financial aid awards are revised to match eligibility based on the actual number of units in which students are officially enrolled. Awards may be reduced for students enrolled in fewer than full-time units.
Please note the following:
- All financial aid may be revised based on enrollment.
- Recipients of CSU, Chico scholarships must be enrolled full-time. Full-time is 12 units for undergraduate and credential students; eight units for graduate students.
- CAVE Units: Students who will be taking units through CAVE for full-time enrollment must be enrolled in those units by 5 p.m. of the University Census Date.
- Consortium Agreements: Students who will be taking units at another eligible institution for full-time enrollment status must have the units approved for funding eligibility by the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office no later than University Census.
- Credential Students: If you are eligible for a Pell Grant, you must be enrolled in a minimum of six units of Pell-Fundable Credential Coursework (PDF) that is required by California to receive a professional certification or licensing credential. Generally, Pell funds will be disbursed after confirmation of enrollment in Pell-eligible courses, based on university census enrollment data. Because confirmation is a manual process, fall semester Pell Grants will be disbursed in October; spring semester Pell Grant will be disbursed in March.
- Seniors graduating in December may have their Federal Direct Stafford loans revised based on enrollment.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress completion rate is based on a ratio of units passed by units attempted. Units attempted are the units in which you are officially enrolled at university census date. See Satisfactory Academic Progress.