AWARD GUIDE (pdf)
financial aid award,
Students enrolled in fewer than 12 units at CSU, Chico who are receiving Pell grant may receive additional Pell grant for courses taken at another eligible California school if the course(s) satisfy their degree requirements at CSU, Chico (home campus). In order to be funded for courses taken at an eligible school, CSU, Chico financial aid students must submit a consortium agreement form to our office no later than the third week of the semester.
Consortium Agreement Process
- A student must complete a Consortium Agreement Request to notify the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office of the college and transferable course(s) you have enrolled in.
- A student must maintain enrollment in at least six units of eligible coursework at CSU, Chico, for the semester for which they are requesting Consortium Agreement funding. Consortium Agreements are not processed during Summer Session. Enrollment must be verifiable by University Census.
- A student is only eligible to receive financial aid from their home campus. A student cannot receive financial aid from both schools.
- A student must provide the CSU, Chico Financial Aid and Scholarship Office with proof of enrollment in courses being funded at another school. These courses must be transferable and must meet CSU, Chico degree requirements. A registration printout will suffice.
- Check the Assist online student-transfer information system to find out if a course is transferable.
- Check with your Undergraduate Advisor or your Academic Program Advisor to find out if a course meets a requirement for your degree.
- Consortium Agreements will be processed in order of receipt beginning the second week of the semester. Notification of approval or denial will be sent to the student.
- Upon approval of the consortium agreement request:
- The CSU, Chico Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will send a consortium agreement to the other school to notify their Financial Aid Office that CSU, Chico is the home campus and will use these units to determine financial aid eligibility for the term.
- The CSU, Chico Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will place a Proof of Units completed "hold" on the student account for the beginning of the next term.
- At the end of the term, after the grade has been posted, the student must provide proof of completion of coursework:
- An official transcript must be submitted immediately to the CSU, Chico Student Records and Registration Office for the units to become part of the student's permanent academic record.
- An unofficial transcript or grade report must be submitted immediately to the CSU, Chico Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. The Proof of Units completed "hold" may then be moved forward a term, if necessary, to allow time for CSU, Chico Student Records to post the transfer units to the CSU, Chico transcript.
- The student must notify the CSU, Chico Financial Aid and Scholarship Office when the transferable units have been posted to the student's CSU, Chico transcript. This is viewable on the Student Center accessed through the CSU, Chico portal.
If the consortium units are not completed at the other school, aid may be reduced or the student may be held for not meeting CSU, Chico's Satisfactory Academic Progress requirement.
- College of Alameda
- Bakersfield College
- Butte Community College
- Chabot College
- Coastline Community College
- Columbia College
- Copper Mountain College
- Cuesta College
- Feather River Community College
- Lake Tahoe Community College
- Las Positas College
- Lassen Community College
- Mendocino Community College
- Mira Costa College
- Modesto Junior College
- California State University, Monterey Bay
- Monterey Peninsula College
- Orange Coast College
- Porterville College
- College of the Redwoods
- Rio Hondo College
- California State University, Sacramento
- Saddleback College
- University of San Diego
- San Joaquin Delta College
- Santa Barbara City College
- Shasta Community College
- Sierra College
- College of the Siskiyous
- Skyline Community College
- Solano Community College
- California State University, Stanislaus
- Taft College
- West Los Angeles College
- Yuba Community College