AWARD GUIDE (pdf)
financial aid award,
Continuing students at CSU, Chico may attend another CSU campus for a predetermined period of time by submitting an application for intrasystem visitor enrollment to the Student Records Office (SRO). This period is usually one semester or one quarter. Fees are paid to the host school; however, financial aid is provided by the home school, which is CSU, Chico.
It is the responsibility of the student participating in visitor enrollment to read and follow all instructions included in the application. To protect your continuing status at CSU, Chico, students participating in a visitor program must also complete a planned educational leave (PEL) form and submit it with the application for intrasystem visitor enrollment.
- Application for Intrasystem Visitor Enrollment (PDF)
- Undergraduate Planned Educational leave Request (PEL) (PDF)
Determination of financial aid eligibility
Determination of your financial aid eligibility is made through CSU, Chico.
- If verification is required on your FAFSA, all documents requested should be sent to us.
- If you are receiving any external (private) scholarships, they should be sent to us to be coordinated with your other aid.
- If you are receiving other forms of educational assistance such as fee waivers, stipends, AmeriCorps grants, and third-party payments, they should be sent to CSU, Chico. When payment is received by the University, they will be coordinated with your financial aid award.
How to receive your financial aid
Enrollment status is verified by the host school, and the CSU, Chico Student Records Office will send a copy to our office. As an approved visitor at another CSU, you will receive your financial aid from CSU, Chico. The Student Financial Services Office will send your aid to the host school (the campus you are attending instead of Chico). Your aid will pay charges at the host institution. If there are funds remaining after all charges are paid, the host school will refund the remainder to you. You must contact the cashiering office there. If you do not receive sufficient financial aid to pay fees at the host school, you are responsible for paying the difference to them.
If you change your mind
If you decide you do not want to go on visitor status, follow the instructions on the visitor application to contact the Student Records Office so they can cancel your visitor application and PEL. If you decide to register for classes at CSU, Chico, immediately notify our office so that we can correct your file and help you receive the financial aid for which you are eligible in a timely fashion.