AWARD GUIDE (pdf)
financial aid award,
- Know your federal financial aid history. The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) the U.S. Department of Education's central database for student aid. You can review all your federal aid (loans and grants) on this integrated Web site.
- Learn all about the Federal Direct Loan Program, which provides the funds for Stafford and PLUS loans awarded by CSU, Chico.
- Complete Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling, a prerequisite to receiving your first Direct Stafford Loan at CSU, Chico.
- Complete the required master promissory note (MPN) for your Federal Direct Stafford Loan.
- Complete the required master promissory note (MPN) and pre-loan entrance counseling for your Federal Perkins Loan.
- Go to Direct Loan Servicing Online to get all the information you need as a Federal Direct Loan borrower, make online payments, view your account balances and payment history, change your billing options, enroll in electronic services, and much more.
- Increase your financial knowledge by consulting the online interactive calculators available from the Department of Education. Calculate budgets, interest, repayment plans, and consolidation options.
- Complete required exit interview — Stafford Loans.
- Complete required exit interview — Perkins Loans.
- Learn about Direct Consolidation Loans.
- Learn about Income-Based Repayment (IBR).
- Get smart about financial aid. Consult Finaid for a comprehensive overview of student financial aid.