AWARD GUIDE (pdf)
financial aid award,
Information for Recipients
Congratulations on being awarded a CSU, Chico scholarship. As a scholarship recipient, you must complete the following steps before your CSU, Chico scholarship can be posted to your student account.
- You must be enrolled full-time (12 units for undergraduates or credential, eight units for graduate).
- You must accept your scholarship through your Chico State Student Center. Enter the Student Center via the Chico portal.
The first disbursement of CSU, Chico scholarships is generally the Thursday prior to the first week of classes. Your scholarship will be posted to your student financial account.
If you still owe registration fees or other charges, they will be deducted from your scholarship. The balance will be sent as a check to your mailing address, or deposited electronically via electronic fund transfer (EFT). You may access your account summary through your Student Center. To sign up, follow the instructions from Student Financial Services.
Tips for Writing Thank You Letters
Thank you letters are extremely important to many of the individual donors and businesses who support the CSU, Chico scholarship program, and are much appreciated. Your letter does not need to be long but it should include the following information:
- Name of scholarship received
- Your major and class level and future career or educational goals
- A brief statement of how the scholarship will benefit you
- Your first and last name clearly printed
- Your signature
All letters should be on stationary or plain white paper and can be typed or hand-written in ink. (Please, no pencil, binder paper, faxes, or e-mails.) Please address your letter to "Dear Scholarship Donor."
It is important to check your spelling and grammar. Remember this letter is a reflection of you as a student scholar.