Online Scholarship Application CSU, ChicoThe scholarship application for California State University, Chico is open for 2013-2014. Scholarship recipients are selected in the spring for the following academic year. In order to be considered for 2013-2014, applications must be received by December 15, 2012 midnight Pacific Standard Time.
The CSU, Chico scholarship application is composed of two parts:
- The online application that is submitted by the student, and
- The online letter of recommendation that is submitted directly by the faculty member, advisor, teacher, or counselor after the student has contacted them and requested it.
Applicants must be enrolled at CSU, Chico or must be eligible for regular admission. New applicants to the University must have an admission application on file. Final admission status will be verified prior to scholarship funds being disbursed. Students enrolled only through Regional & Continuing Education’s Open University are not eligible. All scholarships require that the recipients maintain full-time enrollment (12 units undergraduates and credential; 8 units graduates). All scholarships also require a minimum 2.00 GPA and many require a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
Some scholarships require that recipients demonstrate financial need. In order to be considered for need-based scholarships, you must also file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than March 2, 2013 for the 2013-2014 academic year. If you are selected as a recipient of a need-based scholarship, your need will be verified prior to any funds being disbursed.
Instructions for Students on How to Apply
Students will need the following information to successfully complete and submit a CSU, Chico Scholarship application. Click on the appropriate Scholarship Application link, below.
- Your Chico State ID: For new applicants, this number will be assigned to you after you submit your application for admission to CSU, Chico. Watch for an important e-mail from the Office of Admissions.
- Your written statement: This is the majority of the online application. You will be prompted to answer a series of questions. Applications without responses are not complete and will not be considered for scholarships.
- Online Letter of Recommendation. More information.
- Please note: For the School of the Arts, which includes Music, Theater, and Musical Theater majors, auditions take the place of a letter of recommendation. Art Studio majors must submit a portfolio.
- Additional Requirements as needed: Some majors require supplemental application materials. If your major is on the list below, please contact the major department directly to obtain the supplemental application. If your major is not included on the list, there are no additional requirements. All supplemental materials are to be submitted directly to the appropriate department.
Art and Art History