Graduate Equity Fellowship Program
The Graduate Equity Fellowship Program (GEFP) is sponsored by the CSU Chancellor’s Office and California State University, Chico to help broaden and expand the pool of academically talented CSU graduate students interested in pursuing careers in university teaching and research. The program provides a $750/semester stipend and a $2,000 research assistantship for research-related activities under the direction of a faculty mentor.
To be eligible, graduate students must meet the following minimum criteria:
- A desire to prepare for future doctoral studies in a Ph.D. program by working closely with a CSU, Chico faculty mentor on an exciting research project;
- Must be admitted to the university and a graduate degree program;
- Must meet the minimum financial aid need requirement (as verified by the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office);
- Must come from an educationally disadvantaged background or experienced restricted access to quality educational opportunities;
- Must be classified as a California resident;
- Must show a probable need for faculty in your academic discipline.
Students selected as fellows are eligible to receive the Fellowship for a total of four semesters as long as they continue to meet the requirements of the program, including completing at least six units of graduate work per semester and demonstrating satisfactory progress toward their master's degree.
Applications and further information can be found on the Office of Graduate Studies' website at www.csuchico.edu/graduatestudies/fellowships/. Or direct your questions to Professor Matthew Thomas, GEFP Coordinator, at (530) 898-5738 or email@example.com.
- April 1 for fall term.
- November 1 for spring term.