Graduate Business Grant
The Graduate Business Grant assists needy students to meet the cost of the Graduate Professional Fee assessed by California State University professional business graduate programs. The per-unit fee ($254/unit) is charged for required courses taken by graduate students enrolled in fee-authorized State-Supported Professional Business Graduate Programs (MBA – Master of Business Administration). The fee is also charged for prerequisite courses taken by students who have a conditionally classified admission status and are enrolled in the above fee-authorized program.
Eligibility for the Graduate Business Grant will be determined by CSU, Chico, using guidelines established by the CSU Board of Trustees.
General Qualifications for the Graduate Business Grant
Students must meet the following conditions in order to qualify:
- Have filed a FAFSA for the current academic year
- Have an official EFC that is not greater than 60 percent of the annual Cost of Attendance for a graduate student
- Be a U.S. citizen or have eligible non-citizen status
- Be a California resident for fee payment purposes
- Be enrolled at least half-time
- Have been assessed a Graduate Business Professional Fee
- Be enrolled in a minimum of one fee-authorized course
- Meet standard eligibility criteria for all Federal Title IV financial aid, such as not being in default on a student loan, having financial need, and maintaining satisfactory academic progress
- The actual Graduate Business Grant award is determined by the total amount of state funding, expected family contribution (EFC), and the total number of CSU, Chico eligible students.
- The maximum Graduate Business Grant shall be the amount of the Graduate Business Professional Fees assessed.
How to Apply and Determination of Student Eligibility
- Students apply by completing the FAFSA.
- Students do not need to contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
- Confirmation of eligibility will be calculated automatically using financial aid and enrollment information.
Graduate Business Grant Awarding Timeline
Because this award requires verification of specific enrollment and assessed fee criteria, eligibility will be determined after University Census each term. Graduate Business Grants will be determined in October for the fall semester and March for the spring semester for students whose financial aid files are complete. Funds disburse when student meets all eligibility requirements.
Check your Student Center for any changes to your financial aid. Federal regulations require that a student's combined aid and other resources cannot exceed the student's cost of attendance.