Our Philosophy at FitU
In case you were wondering...
Chico State Student Statistics*
- 38.5% are overweight or obese
- 1 out of every 2 students’ activity levels have decreased since high school
- 48% exercise irregularly or not at all
- 43.9% are dissatisfied with their current body weight
- 58.9% are trying to lose weight 60% are not considered competent eaters
- Lack of time & motivation are cited as the biggest reasons why students do not exercise
- Lack of time & money are cited as the biggest reasons why students do not eat healthy
* Based on a survey conducted during the spring semester 2008 with more than 1,700 Chico State students.