Persons Needing Accessibility ContentPersons with disabilities who need accommodations or have questions regarding content on our website can call the FMS office at (530) 898-6222.
Building Common Areas
Daily Cleaning of Building Common Areas
- Mop floors in hallways and corridors.
- Vacuum all carpeted floors including lobby and entrance mats.
- Clean inside entrance areas.
- Clean all glass entry doors.
- Clean restrooms.
- Clean elevator floors and tracks.
- Disinfect interior elevator walls and control panel.
- Clean conference rooms.
- Clean kitchen area counters and sinks and sweep and mop floors.
- Mop tile floors.
- Clean drinking fountains and disinfect.
Weekly Cleaning of Building Common Areas
- High-speed buffing and burnishing of floors in the main thoroughfare hallways and corridors.
- Clean the carpets in the main thoroughfare hallways and corridors.
Semi-Monthly Cleaning of Building Common Areas
- Sweep, mop, disinfect handrails, wipe down horizontal surfaces, and spot clean walls in stairwell areas.
- Replace burned out bulbs and tubes in the stairwell areas.
Annual Cleaning of Building Common Areas
- Generally, most hard surface floors are stripped and waxed.
- Carpets are shampooed using Hot Water Extraction (HWE) Method.
Frequency of Custodial Cleaning