- Immediately report any lost keys to FMS for security purposes.
- A report of lost or stolen key(s) must also be made to University Police Department before issuance of a replacement key(s). If key(s) are later found, FMS and UPD must be notified immediately.
- The Report of Key Loss form must be signed by the University Cashiering Office, with proof of fees paid ($25 per lost key) before issuance of replacement key(s).
- A refund of the University Cashiering charge(s) will be granted if the key(s) is found and returned to FMS within one year. The re-key or Medeco upgrade fee(s) will not be returned.
- A faculty or staff member may be charged up to $1000 for replacement of lost keys.
- Facilities Management and Services charges an additional $100 to re-key a lock if keys are lost.
- In an effort to help migrate our locking system to the newer more secure Medeco brand cylinders, if the lock for which a key is lost is of the older Schlage brand, FMS will charge $100 to re-key the lock to the newer more secure Medeco cylinder. In this event all key holders for this lock will need to be issued new Medeco keys.