Any group serving food on campus, that is made available to the general public, must secure a Food Serving Permit (except exempt categories listed below). Food that is offered for consumption on campus must be prepared in a licensed facility. No food or beverage prepared in a private residence shall be served on campus unless they fall into the following exempt categories:
- Professionally-catered food
- Any food or food product made and contained (canned, bottled, or packaged) by a licensed producer that is to be served in the original container and does not require temperature control
- Fruits that are not normally washed before eating and served in the natural form
- Popcorn, if made in a standard commercial popper
- Brownies, cookies, donuts and unfilled cupcakes
- Coffee, tea, high-sugar cold beverages (e.g.: punch, lemonade), or soft drinks from commercial dispensers, that are served in single serving cups
(NO PERMIT REQUIRED FOR BULLETED ITEMS ABOVE)
- There are currently 9 approved Grill/Cooking stations on-campus. No outside grill/cooking is allowed other than in these designated areas.
- An Application for Food Serving Permit must be processed for any cooking or preparing of food (with the exception of approved caterers).
- Safety equipment must be present for each outside cooking event. Equipment can be requested for check-out.
- A Request for Use of Alcoholic Beverages on Campus must be completed and submitted to University Housing and Food Service (UHFS) if alcohol is to be served at an event.
- There are only certain venues where alcohol may be served with UHFS approval.