Joining a fraternity or sorority is a life-long commitment to fraternal values of leadership. IFC, Panhellenic, and MGC fraternities and sororities select their members through a recruitment process, sometimes referred to as "rush" or “formal recruitment.” The membership selection processes for our MGC organizations have both a formal recruitment and later recruitment efforts with a different structure, also referred to as a “deferred recruitment.” Formal recruitment for fraternities and sororities are held during the second or third week of the spring semester.
Interfraternity Council (IFC) Fraternity Recruitment Process
The Interfraternity Council conducts membership recruitment within the first three weeks of each semester. Typically, there are a number of informational and social events that all chapters participate in to provide interested men the opportunity to meet active members from several fraternities. We encourage you to ask questions about how they will distribute invitations for membership (commonly called a "bid") and any other questions you have about the process of recruitment and joining the fraternity. To participate in formal rush, a man must be enrolled in at least twelve (12) units at CSU, Chico, at least a second semester freshman, and have a cumulative collage GPA of 2.35 or higher (Individual chapters may have a higher GPA requirement to join).
- Fall IFC Recruitment: Monday, September 14, 2015 - Friday, September 18, 2015 (first semester freshmen cannot participate)
- Spring IFC Recruitment: Monday, February 8, 2016 - Friday, February 12, 2016 (first semester freshmen cannot participate)
Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment Process
The recruitment process for the Panhellenic sororities is formal and structured. Registration is required, prior to the week of formal recruitment. Participants visit each chapter on the first day of formal recruitment, and fewer chapters each day following until Bid Day. Recruitment is a mutual selection process between the potential new member and the chapter. It is strongly recommended that potential new members attend every event during the Formal Recruitment Process to have the opportunity to meet women in each chapter. To participate in formal recruitment, a woman must be enrolled in at least twelve (12) units at CSU, Chico, at least a second semester freshman, and have a cumulative collage GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Fall Informational: TBD
- Sign-up Online for Spring Formal Recruitment: November 2015 through January 2016 (Link will be available soon!)
- Mandatory Recruitment Meeting for Potential New Members: Monday, February 1, 2016
- Formal Recruitment: Thursday, February 4, 2016 - Monday, February 8, 2016
For more information on planned activities, please contact Fraternity and Sorority Affairs at email@example.com or 530-898-5396
Multicultural Greek Council Fraternity and Sorority Recruitment Process
- The recruitment process for MGC chapters happens throughout the year. Chapters usually conduct interest meetings that are relatively formal in nature. MGC hosts events and programs for all MGC organizations to collectively engage students and provide general information to interested students. To join an MGC organization, a student must be enrolled in at least twelve (12) units at CSU, Chico, at least a second semester freshman, and have a cumulative collage GPA of 2.5 or higher (Individual chapters may have a higher GPA requirement to join).
- Fall MGC Recruitment: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 - Friday, September 11, 2015
- MGC MaGiC Circle Informational: Thursday, September 10, 2015 @ 6pm in BMU 210
- Spring MGC Recruitment: Monday, February 1, 2016 - Friday, February 5, 2016
For more information on planned activities, please contact Fraternity and Sorority Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-898-5396
FSA Calendar (pdf)
Stance on Hazing (pdf)