First-Year Experience Program
The First-Year Experience Program at CSU, Chico aims to assist entering students' successful transition to college life, providing students with several opportunities that are unique to our campus. Our program emphasizes academic and civic engagement and social well-being.
We support students through varied means, including:
- Courses that take students' transitioning processes into account
- Public sphere events where students and their course work are "center stage"
- Various events inspired by the campus and community Book in Common Program
- A vibrant mentoring program that connects first-year students with knowledgeable sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- A semester-long internship program
- Participation in local research on first-year students to make sure our programs help students transition to college life
Please browse our website for more information, and feel free to contact us if we can be of help in any way!