First-Year Experience Program
The First-Year Experience Program at CSU, Chico aims to assist entering students' successful transition to college life, providing students with several opportunities that are unique to our campus. Our program emphasizes academic and civic engagement and social well-being.
We support students through varied means, including:
- Courses that take students' transitioning processes into account
- Public events where students and their course work are "center stage"
- Curriculum design projects and civic projects
- Various events inspired by the campus and community Book in Common Program
- A semester-long internship program
- A vibrant mentoring program that connects first-year students with knowledgeable sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Participation in local research on first-year students to make sure our programs help students transition to college life
Please browse our website for more information, and feel free to contact us if we can be of help in any way!
Town Hall Meeting Spring 2013
April 24, 2013. 6:00pm-9:00pm
Bell Memorial Union Auditorium (BMU)
The Town Hall Meeting is a Forum for discussion of political issues and public policies.
University 105 Water Fair
April 29, 11am-1pm
Featuring local and regional groups and organizations who work on water issues, interactive booths will provide visitors with fun, practical ways to conserve water and work toward increased sustainability.