2014 Summer Camps
The summer is fast approaching, and we are looking for college students to work for our wildlife summer camp. This camp works with children ages 8– 14 and focuses on shooting sports, ATVs, fishing and more.
Title: Wildlife Ecology and Shooting Sports Instructor/Counselor
Work Dates: May 25th-August 10th 2014
Location: Camp Bob Cooper, Summerton, South Carolina
The camp is located on YLI’s Camp Bob Cooper directly on Lake Marion (South Carolina’s largest lake). A majority of the camp week will focus on hunting techniques, wildlife ecology, ATV riding, outdoor survival skills, shotgun training, rifle training, and archery training. Instructors will be trained and certified in these areas. In addition to these activities we will also utilize other components such as swimming, teams courses, night hikes and sporting clays. For more information you can check out our website at www.ylicamps.com and click on “Camp Wildlife.”
· Teach components of the Wildlife Ecology and Shooting Sports curriculum (training provided).
· Lead students in daily program classes and activities (wake-up, meals, canteen, campfire, and wrap-up).
· Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled.
· Perform direct supervision of children while involved in classes and activities.
· Perform camp counselor duties including staying and attending to campers over night while they are at camp.
· BA or BS in Biology, Wildlife and Fisheries, Natural Resources, or related field is preferred –juniors, seniors, and Graduates should apply.
· Experience with hunting and shooting sports preferred but not necessary (we will train those without experience).
· Residential camp experience preferred.
· Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and energy to work and live with campers and staff.
· Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt, and work hard as part of a team.
$440 - $550 twice a month plus room and board and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
If you are interested in the position please send your resume and three references to Shannon Repokis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clemson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information.