Student Computing, CSU, Chico
Outlook 2003 IMAP Configuration
This document details how to setup a WildcatMail account for access using IMAP in Outlook 2003.
- Enable IMAP using the Web interface
If you have not done so already, Enable IMAP for WildcatMail before setting up IMAP access in Entourage.
- Set your IMAP password
If you haven't used IMAP with your WildcatMail power by Google you'll need to set your IMAP password.
Open Microsoft Outlook
Start > All Programs or simply Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
If Outlook asks you to setup your account, close that window by pressing cancel or the x in the upper right hand corner.
- Open Account Preferences
Go to the Tools menu, then to E-mail Accounts.
- Add a New Account
Select Add a new e-mail account then click Next.
- Select IMAP
Select IMAP as the account type, and then click Next.
Enter Account Settings
- The incoming mail server is imap.gmail.com
- The outgoing mail server is smtp.gmail.com
Your username is your complete email address including the @mail.csuchico.edu).
Enter Advanced Settings
Click the More Settings button, and then select the Advanced tab. Enter the information below:
- Incoming server must be 993, and the check mark box This server requires and encrypted connection (SSL) should be checked.
- Outgoing server should use 465, and the check mark box This server requires and encrypted connection (SSL) should be checked.
- Change Outgoing Authentication
Check the box which says My Outgoing mail server requires authentication. Also make sure that Use the same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Finish the Setup Process
Click OK, and then Next, which will bring you to this screen:
Congratulations, Outlook should now be setup to access to your WildcatMail account.