Student Computing, CSU, Chico
Outlook 2007 IMAP Configuration
This document details how to setup a wildcat mail account for access using IMAP in Outlook 2007.
- Enable IMAP using the Web interface
If you have not done so already, Enable IMAP for WildcatMail before setting up IMAP access in Entourage.
- Set your IMAP password
If you haven't used IMAP with your WildcatMail power by Google you'll need to set your IMAP password.
- Open Microsoft Outlook
Start > Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
If Outlook asks you to setup your account, close that window by pressing cancel or the x in the upper right hand corner.
- Go to Account Settings
From the Tools menu in Outlook, select Account Settings.
- Select New
Click the New button.
- Enter your basic account information
Enter your display name and Wildcat email address. Then select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types checkbox.
- Select Internet E-mail
Enter Account Settings
As shown below enter the account details as shown below.
- In the Account Type drop down menu, select IMAP; enter the incoming and outgoing server names shown below.
- In the User Name field, input your full email address including @mail.csuchico.edu.
Enter Advanced Settings
Click the More Settings button, and then on the Advanced tab. Enter the information below.
- Incoming server must be 993, and must use SSL encryption.
- Outgoing server should use 587, and TLS encryption.
- Enter Outgoing Server Information
Click on the Outgoing tab. Make sure that My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is selected. Also the radio button Use same settings as my incoming mail server should also be selected.
- Finish the Setup Process
Click OK > Next > Finish > Close > OK.
Congratulations, Outlook should now be setup to receive mail from your Wildcat email account.