Student Computing, CSU, Chico
Outlook Express IMAP Configuration
This document details how to setup a WildcatMail account for access using IMAP in Outlook Express.
- Enable IMAP using the Web interface
If you have not done so already, Enable IMAP for WildcatMail before setting up IMAP access in Entourage.
- Set your IMAP password
If you haven't used IMAP with your WildcatMail power by Google you'll need to set your IMAP password.
- Open Outlook Express
Open Outlook Express by going to Start < Programs < Outlook Express or by clicking on a desktop icon.
- Go to Account Settings
Click the Tools menu, and select Accounts...
- Add a new Mail Account
Click the Add button, and then click Mail...
- Enter Display Name
Enter your name in the 'Display name' field, and click Next.
- Enter Your WildcatMail Address
Enter your full WildcatMail address (email@example.com) in the Email address field, and click Next.
Enter Account Settings
- Select IMAP from the drop-down menu as the type of incoming mail server.
- Enter imap.gmail.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server field.
- Enter smtp.gmail.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field.
- Click Next.
Enter Authentication Information
- Enter your full email address including @mail.csuchico.edu in the Account name field. Enter your password in the Password field, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Adjust Account Properties
Highlight imap.gmail.com under Account, and click Properties.
Enter Advanced Settings
Click the Advanced tab and enter the following information:
- Under Outgoing Mail (SMTP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL).'
- Enter '465' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP)' field.
- Under Incoming mail (IMAP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'. The port will change to '993'.
- Enter Server Settings
Click the Servers tab, and check the box next to My server requires authentication. Then click OK to finish the account setup process.
Congratulations, you have successfully set up Outlook Express to access your WildcatMail account..