Graduate Equity Fellowship Program
The Graduate Equity Fellowship Program (GEFP) began in 1986. This two part program provides a $1,050.00/semester stipend and a $2,111.00/semester research assistantship. Stipend monies are funded by the CSU Chancellor's Office, while the assistantships are funded by the Office of Graduate Studies. Underrepresented graduate students are eligible to apply and selections are made by a campus committee. The selected Fellows are carefully paired with faculty mentors to participate in a research project designed to prepare the Fellows for doctoral study.
To be eligible, graduate students must meet the following minimum criteria:
- A desire to prepare for future doctoral studies in a Ph.D. program by working closely with a CSU, Chico faculty mentor on an exciting research project;
- Must be admitted to the university and a graduate degree program;
- Must meet the minimum financial aid need requirement (as verified by the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office);
- Must come from an educationally disadvantaged background or experienced restricted access to quality educational opportunities;
- Must be classified as a California resident;
- Must show a probable need for faculty in your academic discipline.
Students selected as Fellows are eligible to receive the Fellowship for a total of four semesters as long as they continue to meet the requirements of the program, including completing at least six units of graduate work per semester and demonstrating satisfactory progress toward their master's degree.
- April 1 for Fall
- November 2 for Spring