Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
College of Business - MBA Scholarships and Grants
Want to get a MBA, but concerned about the expense of continuing your education? We might be able to help out. The California State University, Chico MBA is already a great value, but these scholarships and grants make our MBA an extraordinary value.
- The Graduate Business Grant
The Graduate Business Grant assists financially needy students to meet the cost of the Graduate Professional Fee assessed by California State University professional business graduate programs. This grant is not administered by the College of Business. For more information, please contact the Financial Aid Office, 530-898-6451, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MBA Academic Excellence Scholarships
If you have a strong undergraduate GPA (e.g., 3.5 or higher) and have done well on the GMAT or GRE you could be eligible for the MBA Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- MBA North State Initiative Scholarship
The University places a high priority on servicing students in our region. The MBA North State Initiative Scholarship is intended to support exceptional MBA applicants who can provide evidence that their permanent residence is in the University’s service area which include the following counties: Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity and Yuba.
Students should note in their MBA statement of purpose that they are a permanent resident within one of our service area counties and would like to be considered for this scholarship. Preference will be given to students who attended high school in the service area. This is a competitive award and will be based upon a combination of the student’s academic record, GMAT or GRE score, and leadership and managerial potential as gleaned from the student’s resume, statement of purpose, and letters of recommendation. To be considered, applicants will need a minimum of a 3.3 undergraduate GPA.
- MBA Building Bridges Scholarship
This scholarship is meant to support underrepresented groups that are interested in obtaining a MBA.
Application Process: Students believing they qualify for one of the scholarships should include information in their statement of purpose during the application process. Students should clearly address why they believe they should be granted the scholarship.
General Notes about the Scholarships
- Scholarships are usually a $2,000 tuition reimbursement in the first semester and, if the student maintains at least a 3.3 GPA in the program, will be awarded an additional $2,000 each semester. The scholarship is for a maximum of four semesters ($8,000). All scholarships are applied as a credit toward tuition.
- All scholarships are competitive awards and allocated based on the profile of the applicant pool.
- All scholarships are subject to available funding.
- Scholarship recipients who withdraw or are dropped from the program are not eligible to receive the scholarship; those who reapply are not eligible for the scholarship. Candidates forfeit their scholarship if they do not maintain satisfactory academic progress until the final term or if they are separated from the institution.
- For more information contact: email@example.com, or call 898-4480.