Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Summer Hours start June 2nd:
Monday - Thursday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Campus closed on Friday's during the summer
Spring 2014 Commencement Ceremony
Important: Students wishing to participate in the ceremony must check their Wildcat e-mail address to ensure receipt of the invitation to register.
Space is limited. Students must register with the Office of Graduate Studies to participate in graduate commencement and receive tickets.
California State University, Chico's annual commencement for master's graduates, will be held on Friday, May 16th, 2014 in Laxson Auditorium at 6:00 p.m. A reception will take place on the lawn area outside Kendall Hall. Light refreshments will be provided. (The reception will cancel if it is raining.)
Students must register on or before April 25 to participate.
Graduates from summer and fall 2013, as well as candidates for spring 2014 graduation meeting all degree requirements, are eligible to participate. Students qualified to participate will receive an invitation in their Wildcat e-mail in April 2014. The e-mail invitation includes a reservation form for the graduate to reserve tickets for their guests in Laxson Auditorium. This e-mail invitation is the only way tickets can be reserved. Each student is eligible for a maximum of four (4) tickets for their guests if the number of students participating 2014 is similar to the past. Hence, the importance to submit your reservation form as soon as possible (after receiving the invitation to register in April) so the Office of Graduate Studies can determine the actual number of tickets available for distribution.
Commencement Ceremony Date and Time
Friday, May 16, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. (students assemble at 5:15 p.m.)
Behavioral and Social Sciences
Communication and Education
Engineering, Computer Science, and Construction Management
Humanities and Fine Arts
What You Need To Do Before the Ceremonies
- Apply for Graduation
- Complete the Culminating Activity
- Register to Participate in Commencement Ceremony and Reserve Your Tickets, Deadline: April 25, 2014
Students will receive an invitation via Wildcat e-mail to register in April after the completion of their culminating activity. Students then have until April 25 to submit their registration. If the registration is not submitted by April 25, students will not be permitted to participate in the graduate ceremonies. (Graduates who finished in summer and fall 2013 will also receive an invitation to register. They, too, must submit their registration by April 25.)
Commencement Day Instructions
Information for Faculty
- Faculty registration: Faculty will be seated behind the platform party on the stage in Laxson. If you would like to join us on May 16 in academic regalia, please register no later than May 2. A reception will follow the ceremony on the lawn outside of Kendall Hall. The reception will be cancelled if it is raining.
- The Chico State Wildcat Store deadline for taking orders for faculty regalia rentals for the Commencements ceremonies in May was April 10th. Please contact the Wildcat Store for any questions. The rental fee for the entire package is $47.50 plus sales tax
Information for Families & Guests
- Logistics: Getting to Chico, Parking and Maps
- Live Webcast - Family and friends can watch master's commencement LIVE via Internet Webcast here
- The Meaning of the Commencement Ceremony
- Master's Hood: Colors For Each Field of Study
- A reception will take place on the lawn area outside of Kendall Hall. Light refreshments will be provided. The reception will cancel if it is raining.
Note: all University and City parking regulations are enforced during the ceremony.
- GradImages is the official photographer for Commencement. Your proofs will be available after the ceremony. To view your proofs online, please visit www.gradimages.com. Pictures may be ordered online, by phone, or by mail. If you have any questions please contact Customer Service at 800-261-2576 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-register with GradImages by visiting www.gradimages.com and clicking on the Pre-Event Registration at the bottom of the page. This provides you with the most correct and up-to-date contact information and ensures the delivery of your graduation proofs in a timely manner. You may register your email and up to six emails of loved ones who would like to share in your accomplishment by viewing and ordering photos.
- CSU, Chico Graduation Portraits
- Final Clearance for Degree and Receipt of the Diploma
- Life After Graduation
- Undergraduate Commencement
- 2014 Special Celebrations
- Exceptions to Walk in Commencement Procedure
All commencement-related information will be provided on this website and via Wildcat e-mail to all students who have applied for graduation and have completed all graduation requirements. The information provided is subject to change. Please check back frequently.