Summer Office Hours
Monday - Thursday (Closed on Friday)
8:00am - 5:00pm
Signing up for Classes
Activating your Portal Account
Admitted students will need to activate their Portal Account. This is necessary to access CSU, Chico email account, register for classes, receive official messages and announcements, apply for housing, view your fees due, etc. You will need your student ID number, which can be found on your admission letter. Click here to activate your Portal Account.
Class Registration Dates and Deadlines
Shortly before Registration begins for each semester, new students will receive an invitation to register. To review deadlines for registration activities go to an Overview of Registration. Students may also check their registration times by clicking on the Enter the Student Center link in the Portal.
Students are recommended to carefully consult the University Catalog for a detailed description of their program requirements as well as descriptions of courses. The Class Schedule may be consulted to determine which courses are offered in a given semester, and at what time of day. When choosing classes, advising is required in most programs.
- Master's students contact the Graduate Coordinator for your department.
- Credential students contact the Credentials Office (530-898-6391).
- Other post baccalaureate students contact the Office of Graduate Studies (530-898-6880).
How to Register for Classes
- Log into your Portal Account and click Enter the Student Center.
- Click on Add a Class
- Select the appropriate term, such as Fall 2010 from the pull-down menu
- Enter the four-digit class number from the class schedule, or use the search function, to choose the class you want. Click on the Next button.
- Repeat these steps until all classes that you want are listed in your Shopping Cart.
- Click on the Proceed to Step 2 of 3 button.
- Click on the Finish Enrolling button.
- Double check your class schedule on the front page of the Student Center.