Mission and Goals
Welcome to the Informational Website on Grass-fed Beef
The purpose of this website is
- To provide a scientific review of the literature available on grass-fed beef
a. Full nutritional review: is grass-fed beef healthier for you?
b. Grass-fed production systems (in progress)
· Effects of grass-based rations on carcass quality
· Effects of forages on flavor and tenderness
· Costs analysis and case studies
- To provide information on how to develop a label for niche marketing of beef products.
- To provide recipes for cooking grass-fed beef. The unique lipid profile calls for a different approach to cooking a grass-fed product.
- To provide updates on Grass-fed Beef Research
California Food and Fiber Futures Project (CF3)
CSU Agriculture Research Initiative (AGI)
Western Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (WSARE)